It is so important for women working in ministry to have self-care at the top of their list. Correction, women serving in ministry “Must” never neglect to take care of themselves spiritually. We tend to pour out so much of ourself, that we forget that we are not a machine but a human being, that will fall apart if we do not take care of ourselves.
There are a few scriptures in the bible that talk about self-care. The scripture that speaks to me is Ephesians 5:29
“For no one ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishes & cherishes it, even as the Lord the church.”
I believe God desires for us to be the healthiest, strongest best version of ourselves. We think it is our responsibility to save the whole world. We also want to help everyone we meet. I am just realizing that I am only one person and cannot be everything to everyone.
My advice to Women in Ministry… slow down!
God never intended for one person to do it all.
Top Self-Care Tips, from one Woman in Ministry to another:
- Take time to relax, regroup and rejuvenate.
- Set aside time each week for yourself.
- If you’re feeling good about yourself inside and out, you will be better equipped to help others.
- Remember spiritual self-care is just as important as food is for the body.
- Do whatever is needed to keep yourself balanced.
Article by Minister Albertina
Featured in Ordained Magazine Issue 4. Digital Copy available here: